So after discussions but use of the benevolent dictator power, here
is what we will do.
HSEARCH-638 is a bug (efficiency bug)
We should drop HSEARCH-800 (see my last comment)
4.0 can address HSEARCH-795
4.1 will address HSEARCH-638, HSEARCH-1003
Assuming Core releases Wed night next week we go release *right* in their foot step and
blog about it Thursday 14:00 CET.
On 8 déc. 2011, at 15:18, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Forgot another issue which would be very "nice to have", just debugged
> on the forums:
> DocumentId field: no check for single field and correct field name
> On 8 December 2011 14:14, Sanne Grinovero <sanne(a)hibernate.org> wrote:
>> I had created a testcase for HSEARCH-638  quite some time ago, and
>> Davide was now so kind to take it over and implement the solution
>> which is almost ready in a pull request.
>> In my opinion, HSEARCH-638 is a performance bug and should be fixed.
>> When we last talked about it, Emmanuel was not considering it being
>> bug, as it was exactly expressing it's original intention.. I believe
>> we settled by saying it would be fine to change the behaviour, BUT he
>> would not consider it a bug fix but an API change as it would affect
>> possible users: indeed that's correct, as it changes what is exactly
>> included in the index, but how I was seeing the index mapping I doubt
>> anybody was relying on it.
>> So now we have a fix, and the project lead considers it an API change.
>> This was the original reason for me when I made the tests for it, to
>> not provide a solution yet, as it would need to wait for 4.0 .. now we
>> have the solution so I think we should rather merge it now than to
>> wait as it might be considered an API change (although I'm not overly
>> convinced of that).
>> Problem is that it's a bit late in the 4.0 train. If you think it's
>> acceptable to make another RC soon, then I'd love to include this and
>> also propose a solution for HSEARCH-598 (MassIndexer freezes when pool
>> size is too low), as I have a POC for it but it's not trivial so I
>> won't send a pull request (nor spend more time on it) unless we'll
>> make another RC.
>> If we could, I'd include two other API changes:
>> - HSEARCH-800 Should we move ORM related APIs to
>> org.hibernate.search.orm? Today they are in org.hibernate.search
>> - HSEARCH-795 Move some of SearchFactoryImplementor from spi to impl
>> (and move SPI level contracts up)
>> should these otherwise be rejected?
>> 1 - Limit graph traversal by @ContainedIn to the minimum required path
>> - https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-638
> hibernate-dev mailing list
hibernate-dev mailing list