So I did an ORM release for the first time today. All in all, the process
is very clear and precise, thanks for taking the time to document it and
Here are the issues I had. Thought you should be aware of the changes I
made (I haven't fixed issue 2/ as I'm not sure it's legit).
== 1/ Bintray Gradle plugin issue
I had a few issues with Bintray though. The first run failed with:
Could not upload to '
org/hibernate/value: hibernate-agroal/value: 5.3.2.Final/value:
hibernate-agroal-value: 5.3.2.Final.pom': HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
[message:Unable to upload files: Maven group, artifact or version defined
in the pom file do not match the file path 'value: org/hibernate/value:
hibernate-agroal/value: 5.3.2.Final/value: hibernate-agroal-value:
I found https://github.com/bintray/gradle-bintray-plugin/issues/88
to update the Bintray Gradle plugin so that's what I did.
It fixed the issue but apparently, the first attemps uploaded a weird
artifact named "value: org/hibernate/value: hibernate-agroal/value:
5.3.2.Final/value: hibernate-agroal-value: 5.3.2.Final.pom". Sanne removed
== 2/ Tests running
As the first attempt was messy, I ran the second attempt with:
./gradlew clean release
It did the following:
- build the artifacts
- push them to Bintray
- run the tests
This is weird IMHO. Running the tests before pushing to Bintray could be
understandable but I find it weird they are run after the push.
Not very familiar with the build so just reporting it in case it would be
considered an issue.
== 3/ Super huge SourceForge archives
The archives on SourceForge were 350MB+ (thanks to Andrea for noticing it):
apparently, when working with Eclipse, some files end up in **/bin/
folders. While it's present in the .gitignore, it wasn't present in the
exclusions of the distribution. I added them.
I also had a ./build folder containing old WildFly releases. As it's added
to the .gitignore, I also excluded it from the build.