2010/7/22 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel(a)hibernate.org>:
The folks at Infinispan want us to cut a release of Hibernate Search.
We have a couple of choice:
- say no but that's not really being team players ;)
- cut an alpha release and not advertise it
- cut a release and advertise it
- cut a milestone 1 and advertise it
All good for me, but I likely missed the reason for Infinispan folks
to ask for this, is it to fast forward the query module?
The code is stable (bug-wise): I'm not concerned about bugs very much but the release
lacks a couple of things:
- some of the SearchFactory API changes I have done are not dry yet and will possibly
- there is no documentation on the new stuffs (DSL, new (im)mutable API
I'm leaning towards the alpha release to get the code to the Infinispan team right
away but we should do a beta release quite soon afterwards with HSEARCH-563 and
PS: I should be the one documenting these changes but if anybody has time to take that
off me, that would be cool as I am on the critical path here.
I'm finding myself with on the critical path of many projects too,
sorry I won't be able to help much.
You might get some help from here if you could spend some time to give