Tonight I've made some commits to these tests to:
* Fix compilation in JDK5
* A Remove concurrency problem which lead to BrokenBarrierException
* Add a test that Removal is not blocked by Passivation for a given Session
So I think our test coverage is now at a point where we can say that SimpleStatefulCache is better than in previous releases.
However, a lot bothers me will this whole setup:
1) Poor documentation for concurrency. What objects must be guarded by what locks?
2) StatefulBeanContext should be Thread-safe. We should be encapsulating its locking policies internally.
3) The EJBTHREE-1549 tests are tightly bound to the implementation of SimpleStatefulCache. Instead, we should be coding the tests to an SPI (from ejb3-cache) and able to plug in whichever Cache implementations we'd like.
Just wanted to get these observations down so we can revisit them when integrating ejb3-cache and Brian's work. I do think we have something good enough now that we can proceed w/ EJB3 Core releases again. And then we'll have Andy run his performance tests on there to reveal we squashed the "stops the world" problem during passivation.
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186212#4186212
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186212
I am tasked with Mavenizing our build so I am in need of a complete reference of all JBoss 4.2.3.GA dependencies, but having trouble finding out what jar maps to an artifact in the repository.
- Is there a master POM that lists all the exact artifacts? I found that the Seam 2.1.0.SP1 release had a master POM that listed all the dependencies which helped a lot. Does one exist for the JBoss 4.2.3.GA?
- Browsing the JBoss Maven 2 repository I see many artifacts duplicated under different group ids. For example, the javassist dependency was found in the groups javassist, jboss and org.jboss. How do I know which one the use?
Barring a master POM, is there a complete reference of all Maven 2 artifacts used by JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA?
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186176#4186176
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186176