So, we have a massive web-based application with a rules engine powered by
drools 4.0.7...I have a time-based rule that fires, executes about 80% of
the java code, and then just stops. No error, no exception, no nothing...it
just stops. Until I restart the node, all rules processing is suspended.
I've let this process run for 24 hours without intervention, but it really
is hung. And I know it's not in a loop, as I'm outputting console messages,
and I know the exact line that the app is hanging on. I have tried upgrading
to drools 5.4, but we didn't write the kernel of the rules engine, and I'm
not really in the mood to deal with re-writing it, unless I absolutely have
This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this, and this app has
been running for 4 years with no rules-engine issues. We use it
everywhere....we are an EMS research organization supporting 3 states, and
the application uses the rules engine to determine state-based EMS logic.
We also use it as a timing trigger to email notifications to various EMS
personnel to notify them of hospital facility closings, bed availability,
I have absolutely no idea what the problem is, or how to present it to the
mailing list users in a way that might identify what the issue really
is...so anyone who is game to help, ask me questions, and I'll answer them
as best I can.
Thanks for anyone interested in helping debug this issue....
EMS Performance Improvement Center
Chapel Hill, NC
View this message in context:
Sent from the Drools: User forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com