I am using Guvnor version 5.4.0 and trying to implement maker-checker
functionality for updating rules/assets in Guvnor. I am facing problem
related to user permission. Following are the steps:
1) Configured two users in Guvnor using 'admin' login - Analyst & Developer
2) I have one package 'Test' where all the rules resides.
3) Created two categories - Draft & Approved
4) Assigned 'Developer' user: 'analyst' role on 'Draft' category
'package.readonly' role on 'Test' package.
5) Assigned 'Analyst' user: 'analyst' role on 'Approved'
'package.developer' role on 'Test' package and 'analyst.readonly'
6) The idea is to initially assign all the rules/assets under 'Draft'
category. Once 'Developer' finishes working on rules, the 'Analyst'
and replace the rule/asset category to 'Approved'.
7) I checked, the system is not allowing 'Developer' to edit the content of
the rule which is marked as 'Approved' category. But, the problem is,
'Developer' is allowed to replace the 'Approved' category of the asset
to 'Draft' and hence free to edit that rule.
I presume this as the bug in the system as Developer should not be allowed
to modify the category of the rule if it doesn't belong to 'Draft' category.
Please help me in suggesting the workaround for this issue and appreciate
your valuable inputs in this regard.
Thanks & Regards,
View this message in context:
Sent from the Drools: User forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com