On 07/09/2014 09:32 AM, Gunnar Morling wrote:
2014-07-02 23:24 GMT+02:00 Scott Marlow <smarlow(a)redhat.com
I removed GRADLE_OPTS and ran again with "-no-daemon --parallel-threads
1" and my laptop still pegged the cpu at 100% but seemed a little more
responsive. From running TOP, I could see that six or seven separate
Java processes are running (if each one is taking up to 1gig of memory
on my 8 gig laptop, that could explain why I'm seeing thrashing).
Did you ever find a way for running the build? My machine basically
becomes nearly unusable due to extremely high CPU usage once I start the
build on master :(
I found some relief from setting "export GRADLE_OPTS=". My CPU still
reaches near 100% but my KDE UI seems more responsive.
Steve, any pointer on the options/flags recommended to build ORM on
master would be much appreciated. Thanks!
On 07/02/2014 03:43 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> On 07/02/2014 02:36 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> On 06/30/2014 06:27 AM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>>> I had a lot of hurdles to make Hibernate ORM run and build on
Mac OS X and IntelliJ IDEA so here are a few tidbits:
>>> I give Gradle 1GB
>>> export GRADLE_OPTS="-Xmx1024M"
>> Are you on master or an earlier ORM branch? I have
>> GRADLE_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xms512m" and running the testsuite on
>> takes all available CPU (feels like my ThinkPad is on its knees
>> the build completes).
> For me, when I run the testsuite on the master branch, my cpu gets
> pegged at 100% utilization.
>>> Gradle hangs on me after ~ 2300 to 2400 tests for
hibernate-core subsystem. Basically at least one of the worker hangs
>>> To work around that I forced Gradle to use one thread
>>> ./gradlew -no-daemon --parallel-threads 1 clean test
>> Thanks for the tip, I will try this.
> This (-no-daemon --parallel-threads 1) didn't help me.
> testsuite will complete but it seems to take a long time (45
> so). I also tried setting GRADLE_OPTS="-Xmx1024M" but that
>>> IntelliJ IDEA does not import ORM properly on Mac OS X. I tried
both to run IDEA with Java 6 (default) and Java 7 (hacked). The way
around that is to use `./gradlew idea` and open the project in the
IDE. You then have to manually add the generated source directory in
a few modules.
>>> Things are explained here:
>>> hibernate-dev mailing list
>> hibernate-dev mailing list
>> hibernate-dev(a)lists.jboss.org <mailto:email@example.com>
> hibernate-dev mailing list
> hibernate-dev(a)lists.jboss.org <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
hibernate-dev mailing list