On 20/05/15 02:47, Steve Ebersole wrote:
Now that 5.0 is settling down I wanted to start planning where we go
here in terms of feature development and schedule/releases.
Here is my high-level list of features/work:
* rework SQL generation & HQL parser
* change JDBC extraction to work by position, rather than alias (reworking
SQL generation is a prerequisite)
I had been tasked to start investigating the two features above, as we
have seen them to impact performance in the past. If you would like an
additional pair of hands on either/both of these, please let me know
* rework annotation binding (Jandex, etc)
* extended orm.xml, deprecate hbm.xml
* discriminator-based multi-tenancy
* port Hibernate Criteria constructs to JPA criteria, begin deprecation of
* extend JPA criteria API with fluent support
* ability to override EAGER fetching with LAZY (fetch profiles, HQL, etc)
* merging hibernate-entitymanager into hibernate-core
* continue to fill out bytecode enhancement capabilities
Some of these are more involved than others. The task for re-writing SQL
generation is a HUGE undertaking, but also has many huge benefits.
Re-writing annotation binding is another huge undertaking, but again with
Any others we should add to the list here?
And then we can work on scheduling them.
hibernate-dev mailing list
JBoss, by Red Hat
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor,
Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903 Directors: Michael
Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons (USA) and Michael O'Neill