thanks for confirming this. So I've changed the course in Search, and
moved all non-blocking tasks out of the 5.3 stream of Hibernate
Search, tagging the current stable 5.3 as CR1. We'll now move on as
5.4 and ORM5 is the highest priority - as soon as that's merged I'll
tag a first preview. We'll release a preview even if it means to
disable WildFly modules temporarily.
Mostly because we highly value your feedback :)
As a hint to upgrade: remember that Hibernate Search 5.3 made some
important details on how Faceting is mapped. I'd suggest you to
upgrade to 5.3.0.CR1 already, so that when the day comes (soon) to try
ORM5 with your projects you'll not have to deal with changes relating
with to both Search and ORM aspects.
On 31 May 2015 at 10:35, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet(a)gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 2:47 AM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne(a)hibernate.org>
> I don't think it's acceptable we withhold an Hibernate 5 compatible
> version of Hibernate Search for much longer.
FWIW, I'm waiting for this to test Hibernate 5 on our applications and
provide feedback from the field on ORM 5. All our applications are highly
dependent on Search.
So, it would be nice to have an alpha of Search to test all this!