[Design of EJB 3.0] - Component Proposal - Configurable Service Locator
Given the number of JNDI/InitialContext-related questions concerning client access to EJB3 Services on the User Forum, I'd like to suggest JBoss provide a a configurable Service Locator included w/ EJB3. Depending on feedback here, I'll gladly assume development responsibility.
*Bring ease-of-use to the EJB client what the 3.0 Spec did for server components
* Minimized coupling between configuration and code; avoid the need for hardcoding service names or JNDI locations
* Lookup by business interface (eg. ServiceLocator.getInstance().getService(MyBusinessInterfaceRemote.class);)
* Caching of proxy stubs for SLSB, @Service; Factories and Connections for Queue, Topic (minimize JNDI calls)
* Field-level injection of proxy stubs into arbitrary client code
* Support N JNP Hosts in configuration; make location of services transparent to programmer
I've employed a good number of the objectives above and have enjoyed the results. Looking for confirmation that this will be worth pursuing, and location in which to make commits (Branch 4.0 or TRUNK in SVN I'd assume).
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996234#3996234
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996234
16 years, 5 months
[Design of JBoss Portal] - securing portlets fails on redeploy
I am facing problems in securing portlets.
The security constraint applied for the portlet instance
on the first deployment works fine.
But when I try to change the security constraint and redeploy,
the security constraints are not updated.
The portal shows only the first deployed security.
This doesn't change even after the restart of the server.
It works only if I clear the database and restart the server.
Am I missing some configuration parameters.
I don't face any such problems securing pages.
Here is my portlet-instances.xml
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996232#3996232
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996232
16 years, 5 months