Given the number of JNDI/InitialContext-related questions concerning client access to EJB3
Services on the User Forum, I'd like to suggest JBoss provide a a configurable Service
Locator included w/ EJB3. Depending on feedback here, I'll gladly assume development
*Bring ease-of-use to the EJB client what the 3.0 Spec did for server components
* Minimized coupling between configuration and code; avoid the need for hardcoding service
names or JNDI locations
* Lookup by business interface (eg.
* Caching of proxy stubs for SLSB, @Service; Factories and Connections for Queue, Topic
(minimize JNDI calls)
* Field-level injection of proxy stubs into arbitrary client code
* Support N JNP Hosts in configuration; make location of services transparent to
I've employed a good number of the objectives above and have enjoyed the results.
Looking for confirmation that this will be worth pursuing, and location in which to make
commits (Branch 4.0 or TRUNK in SVN I'd assume).
View the original post :
Reply to the post :