We posted this question two weeks ago, but with no replies. please forgive
me for posting it again.
In our business, most of the facts have time-stamp attributes. For example,
each laboratory test (a fact) has the time stamp when the sample was taken,
and when the machine produced the result value. In our business-logic, we
often analyze the relation between facts using these attributes.
1) finding two adjacent labResults with an increasing value
2) checking whether 3 facts are consecutive
3) counting the number of facts fulfilling a specific constraint within a
specific time window.
We were happy to read (in the blog) about the new CEP feature which is about
to be added to drools 5.0.
* Where can we find a more detailed description of CEP functionality in
* Is it a good idea to use CEP for analyzing historic data (retrieved from
the database)? or is it best for online data.
* Can we use CEP in a stateless session?
* As we understand, CEP attaches to each fact a temporal attribute of the
assertion time. Can we define that a particular attribute (e.g.,
LabResult.samplingDate) will be used as the time stamp? Or, should we assert
the facts by their temporal order, and advance the session-clock
* Can we use CEP to analyze the data in the examples above?
Many thanks for the help, David
View this message in context:
Sent from the drools - user mailing list archive at Nabble.com