jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran
] modified the document:
"EJB3 support in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2"
To view the document, visit: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16682
This document outlines the EJB 3.x support that's currently available in JBoss AS
h3. Support for EJB 3.x session beans
h4. Annotation based support
h5. @Stateless, @Stateful, @Singleton :
JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2 has support for annotation based session beans (i.e. @Stateless,
@Stateful and @Singleton). A bean annotated with any of these session bean annotation will
be picked up and processed appropriately.
h5. Local annotated views:
* @Local and @LocalBean : JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2 supports local business interface view and
the no-interface view of session beans.
* @Remote view: Currently, there is *no* support for remote views (for example, exposed
* @RemoteHome and @LocalHome view: Furthermore, there is *no* support yet for EJB2.x views
(via @LocalHome and @RemoteHome)
h5. Tansaction management annotations:
* @TransactionManagement : JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2 supports both container managed
transactions and bean managed transactions, configured through annotations.
* @TransactionAttribute : Various different transaction attributes (configured via
@TransactionAttribute annotation) are also supported. Note that JBoss specific way of
setting a transaction timeout through an annotation is *not* yet supported in this
h5. Concurrency management annotations:
* @ConcurrencnyManagement : Both bean and container managed concurrency support for
@Singleton beans is available in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2.
* @Lock : Both READ and WRITE lock support is also available in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2
* @AccessTimeout : Support for configuring an access timeout through the @AccessTimeout
annotation is also available in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2.
h5. Init on Startup for singleton beans:
* @Startup : Init-on-startup support for singleton beans, through the use of @Startup is
available in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2
h5. Dependencies configuration for singleton beans:
* @DependsOn : Only a partial support is available for this annotation in JBoss AS
7.0.0.Beta2. The annotation is processed and appropriate dependencies are added between
the singleton beans. This works fine against @Startup @Singleton beans. But for normal
(lazy) @Singleton beans, the @DependsOn may not work as mandated by the spec. This will be
fixed in later versions of JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2
h5. Resource injection and EJB injection:
* @Resource and @EJB : These annotations are supported in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2. These can
be used in container managed components to inject the resources and EJBs respectively.
h4. ejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor based support
* Support for session beans: JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2 allows you to configure your session
beans through the use of ejb-jar.xml. All types of session beans (Stateless, Stateful and
Singleton) are supported.
* Transaction Management support: You can configure transaction management semantic
through the use of ejb-jar.xml for your session beans. Both bean managed transactions and
container managed transactions are supported.
* Support for business views: Currently only , and views are supported through
ejb-jar.xml for session beans.
* Support for interceptors: JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2 has support for interceptors of EJBs
configured via ejb-jar.xml. However, explicit interceptor-ordering isn't yet
h4. Merged view of annotations and ejb-jar.xml for EJBs
Although there is an initial implementation available in JBoss AS 7.0.0.Beta2 for
supporting partial deployment descriptor + partial annotation based EJBs, it's still
in its early stages and isn't stable. Upcoming releases will have better support for a
merged view of EJBs.
h3. Where to ask questions or report issues:
If you run into any issue while trying out any EJB3 application against JBoss AS 7, then
please either report it in the user forums
or subscribe to the AS7 mailing
and mail your question there.
Comment by going to Community
Create a new document in JBoss AS7 Development at Community