I will be at the RuleML conference again this year. Last year was a
great event with lots of good presentations and knowledge sharing. While
the conference is organised by the RuleML group it is not specific to
the RuleML standard and various standards and technologies are discussed
at this event - which is what makes it so important.
As always these things can't happen without funding. This year Red Hat
will be a RuleML sponsor and I strongly encourage others to help sponsor
this fantastic event. Sponsorship starts from as little as $500 for
Bronze. You can view the pdf detailing these sponsorship packages here
International RuleML Symposium on Rule Interchange and Applications
The 2008 International RuleML Symposium on Rule Interchange and
Applications, RuleML-2008 (http://2008.ruleml.org
>), is the primary industrial-oriented meeting
place to discuss the applicability and commercialisation of web rule
technologies for enterprises and public organizations. At this,
RuleML-2008 addresses users, system providers, practitioners, developers
and researchers as well as representatives of rule/event standardization
efforts and open source rule communities. After last year's highly
successful RuleML-2007 (http://2007.ruleml.org
>), RuleML-2008 again joins the established,
practically oriented Business Rules Forum
to help cross-fertilizing between Web and Business Logic technology.
The symposium will be again held in Orlando, Florida, US, October 30/31,
2008. Participants will be offered an exciting venue to exchange new
ideas, practical developments and experiences on issues related to the
engineering, management, integration, interoperation and interchange of
rules in open distributed environments such as the Web. RuleML-2008 will
enable delegates to better understand web rules and event processing
technologies and their potential, and how to exploit these technologies
in their organizations
The RuleML-2008 highlights will include:
1. Plenary keynotes and a panel discussion featuring prominent and
2. A RuleML-2008 Challenge with prizes to demonstrate tools, use
cases, and applications.
3. Scientific research, industry, and demo papers and presentations
advancing and assessing the state of the art in event and
rule-based systems selected in a peer-reviewed fashion by an
international program committee.
4. Invited talks given by world-class scientists and industrials
featuring conceptual topics on event and rule-based computing and
industry success stories.
5. Social events to promote networking among the symposium delegates
in an informal setting.
The RuleML-2008 Challenge with prestigious prizes provides an excellent
opportunity to showcase your organization and become associated with
this innovation driven technology market, characterized by strong market
growth, visibility and commercial opportunities.
To share your ideas, results and experiences, and to learn more about
rules technology, RuleML-2008 invites all of you, including:
* IT Services, Rules and Event Processing system providers
* Representatives of, and participants in, rule standardization efforts
* Members of open source rules communities
* CTOs and Strategists of technology firms
* Information Architects and Strategic Technology Planners
* CIOs and Information Technology Managers
* Venture Capitalists and Investors
* CEOs of software start-ups
* Product Managers from software and hardware companies
* Data Analysts from major public and private organizations
* Academics and Researchers
* Software Developers
* Press and Analysts
* Technology Consultants
For further details please see the Symposium website
For more information please contact: ruleml2008(a)easychair.org.