The git migration is not 100% done yet.
There is some fallout which I will be working on the next few days.
1) svn:ignore's are gone. I 'll look into this tonight and tomorrow.
They need to be replaced with .gitignore files and there's a command to
automate that but it doesn't work (I tried a lot):
I 'll have to re-create that one by one, manually. I might miss some
*Closely examine your commits over the next few weeks that you are not
committing files that should be ignored!*
Only after the most basic .gitignore's are added again, I 'll start
distributing write authorization to everyone in the login list.
2) empty directories are gone. I 'll look into this over the next couple
Git cannot handle empty directories at this time. It sucks and they
might fix it someday, but currently it is not possible.
I tried several things to remedy this, but was unable to do so.
- In java or resources directories: all empty packages have been removed.
- In every module: every empty resources or test/java or test/resources
directory has been removed.
- Under drools-container/drools-seam/drools-seam2 the directory src has
- Under drools-container/drools-seam/drools-seam3 the directory src has
- Under drools-docs, under images: empty dirs:
- *and a bunch we need to look into*:
- Some planner stuff:
See the second response on
On the plus side, this probably solves half the split packages cases.
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet