For 8.4 planning I'd like to solicit ideas about incremental improvements we could make to our vdb.xml (of course we'd want to make the changes backwards compatible). This would include minor things like:
- better property keys for example "UseConnectorMetadata" - which isn't necessarily needed in its present form
- allowing the use of element text as an alternative to an attribute for a property value
- terminology changes, such as model->schema
To larger things like:
- how/should we get the ddl memory footprint down
- future proof to allow for ddl based schema declarations
Is there anything to add/remove from these? We'll rollup the result into a JIRA.