I've recorded dependencies for JBossAS 4.2.x in the following task:
Could you please review and comment?
There are a couple of issues we need to clarify, like
- The Embedded JBossWeb version to use
- The JBossWS version (1.2.0?) that will work with remoting 2.x and when
it'll be available
- The switch from MyFaces to JSF 1.2 RI
- The import of EJB3 as a binary dependency
Another consideration would be whether to upgrade log4j
Or revisit the logging framework
JBoss 4.2 will *require* JDK5, so that simplifies a lot of things.
There are other issues related to synchronization between JBossAS 4.2 &
JBossAS 5.0 (Scott)
- EJB3 refactoring to support ejb3 effectively on both platforms
- JBoss Remoting allignment, move to unified invoker
- Define any missing integration points with other jboss projects
Except for the component upgrades we have *a lot* of work related to
productization and testing:
i.e. testsuite passing on Win2003, XPUX, Solaris10, RHEL4 (sun jdk5),
+Jrockit & IBM jdk5 on RHEL4.
Another *major* task is to repeat the J2EE1.4 TCK certification.
We are currently at 190 JIRA issues so given the resource availability
and time constraints, we should really move all non-critical/non-blocker
issues to a next release, and start immediately with the component
upgrades and setting up of the testsuite/tck infrastructure.
Tasks that *must* make it for the 4.2.x release, should be marked as
Any issue regarding this release, please bring them forward.
JBoss AS, Project Lead
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat